So today is our third Second Floor Challange: Truth
Click here to see what Julie did http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/2012/04/second-floor-challenge-3-truth.html
Whatever that means to you or however it inspires you. The prompt is simply meant to get you started. The level of challenge you aim for is entirely internal and up to you.
Truth..yes -when Julie proposed that theme I didn’t think it would be too difficult! Yeah…right. Little did I know. Just the word truth as a start…ok…
First step for me was to get an idea at all as an inspiration as to what to do….and I googled it…nothing too new for me…nothing to inspiring…I even asked Siri and that is what she told me:
mhhh great Siri, that doesn’t help – I mean I do a lot of open statements in my work….I try to stay true to myself…I show true feelings, thoughts etc…so now what?
I started googling songs containing truth …mmhh – clearly still first floor as I did this before I found this one by John Lennon
This resonated a bit with me- especially those lines:
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrites
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
From tight-lipped, condescending, mama’s little chauvinists
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth now
Of schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas
All I want is the truth now
- The moment you think you are not challenged you lost…you are challenged
- There is no elevator to an successful page you need to take the stairs and I didn’t – this is a last minute page because I was struggling with the theme.
- I usually work in a way that I do the backgrounds darker and then layer them up to get lighter…I like the different way thought…Need to do this more often
- Monochromatic is actually pretty cool – it makes you also aware of how many shades of blue are out there.
- I used cheese cloth many times before but I actually really like it in the monochromatic layer on top of acrylic paint and then spraypainted – it gives a pretty cool dimension.
- It doesn’t help when you start thinking of what your challenge partner…aka Julie might do with this theme…just stay in your own brain, it is hard enough to get that figured out
- Siri is as useful as a cough Sorry Siri
If you’d like to show off your response to this Second Floor challenge, leave a link!
have a wonderful day