Make Your Colors Sing – Dylusions & Derwent ArtBars Tutorial

Give me new paint media and I vanish into my studio going crazy – I just can’t help it!

Recently I purchased some awesome Dylusions Ink Sprays – and somehow some Dylusions Stencils and Stamps also fell into that basket…ooops ;) Love the products! As you know I have been playing with spray paints for many years ….and so getting some new spray paints makes me just giddy with excitement to try them with all kinds of other media and find fun new techniques. Well….so it was only a matter of time, that after I figured out the scoop about those spray inks and how they react, to try them with Derwent ArtBars (if you missed my post about them – here you go)…another awesome new paint media in my possession. OHHHH MMMMYYYY DEAR!!!!

Dylusions Ink Sprays and the Derwent ArtBars are amazing each by themselves but put together….they make the colors SING :) A complete Supply List of what I used can be found below

Here is the finished page

nSupplies

What have you played with (art product)  recently?

Have a gorgeous day!

—–

Sign Up for my Über*Media Classes on Acrylic Paints, PanPastel and Gesso

• Sabrina Boley

That is awesome! What a great idea to press the paper into the stencil after you spray it. Two for one! Very cool. Can’t wait to play with the delusions stuff.

• Louisa Dubois

Breathtaking Nathalie! What a beautiful colors, I’m so in love with your art .

• Bev W.

Hi Nat! Love your page!! Those colors are amazing!! Thanks so much for the tut:) Now I must work on getting some foam stamps and art bars!

• Lisa Flaherty

Ooo! Those colors are delicious! Love the way you mix different products together!

• Jan B

You are such a naughty, naughty enabler! How can I resist getting all that stuff right NOW? That page is gorgeous and the colors ARE amazing! For me, in answer to your question, I get to play with acrylics today because I’m taking your class! Can’t wait! :)

• Nat Kalbach

LOL Jan- you made me laugh …I was just reading naughty naughty…and i was like…HUH? What did I do wrong now ;)

• Amy*

Such a beautiful page! Thanks so much for sharing your technique. Your tutorial video was one of the most enjoyable tutorials I have seen yet! :)

• zeffy

Natalie thanks for sharing…
    Fantastic as always…xx

• Nancy Johnston

OMG – I don’t know how I’m going to resist the art bars now. Your work makes me want to order them right now. Thanks for sharing.

• Dottie

Enjoyed the colors and the process. Thanks!!

• marianne/skorpionen

Amazing page!! Isn’t Dylusions fun to work with?
    I just loved how you “tapped” the birds into the page with inks and stencil – soooo cooool! Have to try.
    Also loved how you colored the birds, the foam stamp, water and the ArtBars. Looks too me that those are “must have” LOL (as most of the things you use :D)

Thanks for sharing your procedure, it looks just fabolous!