Elephant Collages or…how to play and transform

NatKalbachCollages

Last week I was playing with some collages for the upcoming workshop where I will co-teach with my sweet friend Julie Fei-Fan Balzer at The InkPad. The class is sold out – sorry – there is a waiting list.

NatKalbachPlayCollage01

As you might know I love elephants- hence the Elephant stencil I created for Stencil Girl Products.

NatKalbachPlayCollage02

I played with lot’s of paint and also the What’s The Point Stencil here as well as with some of my new Stampendous ¬†stamps.

NatKalbachPlayCollage03

And with mostly the same materials I created this collage – which looks totally different

NatKalbachTransformCollage01

I used also Jamie Dougherty’s beautiful Bloom Girl Stamp in the collage- can you see where? :)

NatKalbachTransformCollage02

That was fun – I am going to do more of those. I mounted both on a wooden canvas – which was a tip by Julie.

Which one of the two do you like better?

Here is a list of some of the things I used

huge hugs

LogoBlogSignature

• Denise Spillane

Love these. I love everything about them. The colors are yummy and so much texture. I have the elephant from club and will try some of this. I want to make my guest room black and white with accessories like your elephants bright and beautiful colors!

• Jackie P

Both elephants are gorgeous- but I have to admit- Transform is my FAV! I love that colour combination!!!

• Mary K. Parker

Love colors of play best, but overall I like transform. The elephants eye is closed in play and that just looks more restful instead of playful…unless he’s playing hide & seek.

Nope I didn’t see the doll stamp, I did like how it looks like they have rough skin though.

• Donna Sullivan

Love Play! But the use of polka dots on both are so much fun!

• Andrene

Both are fabulous in their own way. I love the details and the bloom girl stamp in the elephant on Transform. But my eye is immediately drawn to the Play canvas each time I look at them. I think its because of the more subtle details in the elephant and background and the softer colors. Very pretty!

• scrapinsue

Wow, I didn’t notice the stamped image for what it is until you pointed it out. Very clever use of it. I am more drawn to the one on the left…PLAY because of the colors. I really like when you use these colors in your art. The pink is just too bright for me even though I do like the title of TRANSFORM. Kinda amazing how you can get such different results using the same materials.

• Donna

Your “transform” canvas is my favorite but they are BOTH beautiful! I love elephants too, got to get that stencil now, you’ve inspired me once again Nathalie! Thank you.

Peace,
    Donna

• Janet

I love your elephants. Sophie’s eye works perfectly on the one! Beautiful textures and layers!

• Jessica

really lovely canvasses you did make. I and also my son love the elephant stencil.

• Sabine

Nice work, Nat!
    I like the “play”-painting better because of the colours. The pink one is a little too bold for my liking.
    Bit as I like elephants really much I would take both of them and hang them to my walls :-))
    Sabine