Art House Adventures or…#2days15bags

NatKalbach_ArtHouse19

Right after CHA my friends Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, Birgit Koopsen, Jenn Mason and I rented a house in California to relax and do some arting. It was Julie’s idea…brilliant..but don’t tell her- LOL – we try to keep her in check ;)

NatKalbach_ArtHouse14

We created a hashtag for this time #2days15bags – which summed up exactly what was going on- ridiculous LOL- but to our excuse we had tons of teaching supplies, CHA stuff and our suitcases for 12 days with us. All this fit perfectly in this beast van

NatKalbach_ArtHouse23

which Jenn drove calmly through the city

NatKalbach_ArtHouse01

We had time to relax after a very busy couple months, talk, share, laugh, eat, and be outside and get sun on us

NatKalbach_ArtHouse18

NatKalbach_ArtHouse20

NatKalbach_ArtHouse21

NatKalbach_ArtHouse22

and I got braids two times in a row- loooveeee them, I wish I could get those every day- LOL

NatKalbach_ArtHouse10

We also went one day to Stampendous! Headquarter to play a bit with fun techniques and my stamps :) If you signed up for Creative JumpStart 2014 you know what we did as a technique with Fran Seiford.

NatKalbach_ArtHouse04

NatKalbach_ArtHouse05

NatKalbach_ArtHouse06

NatKalbach_ArtHouse07

NatKalbach_ArtHouse08

NatKalbach_ArtHouse16

and on top – we did a lot of arting together- it was so much fun – I want to do this again

NatKalbach_ArtHouse12

NatKalbach_ArtHouse13

NatKalbach_ArtHouse02

NatKalbach_ArtHouse03

NatKalbach_ArtHouse17

NatKalbach_ArtHouse09

NatKalbach_ArtHouse15

our table – we did a lot of collaborative things- but this was the most fun – we did an ArtJournal Round Robin- we will all post about it this friday.

NatKalbach_ArtHouse11

It was awesome. I did not even realize how much I needed a time out with friends doing art for myself and time to come down and talk – I cannot even say how much I love Julie for this idea – oh wait—we don’t wanna tell her- LOL. Spending time with all three was the best and I hope we will do it some day again! If you have friends that are equally interested in art like you – go and do this- you will not regret it- even if it is only 2 days and you haul 15 bags around ;)

Huge hugs

LogoBlogSignature

• Katia

what a fantastic days!

• Barb.Smith

Looks like you ladies had a fun time but, please tell me … how were you able to find someone in CA to rent you a house for such a short time??? While I’ve got your ear (eyes) I want to thank you SO MUCH for CJS 2014 – super techniques. I’m ready for 2015 already!

Barb – it is off season- so people are happy to rent a house and also for a cheap price. :) Thank you for your sweet words regarding CJS :) – hugs , Nat

• Kelly Belton

Considering that between Laura and I we carry 15 bags to one of your classes – I think you did very well between the 4 of you! I promise to travel lighter next week – lol!

hehehe- we shall see ;) Looking forward seeing you girls!!!

• Stampendous Graphics

Nathalie, it was such an honor to have mixed media royalty under our roof. We sure hope that you guys can come back and do it again sometime. Thanks for visiting us.

• Kathy

What a great time!

• CarolineDuncan

Wow… what a magical (not trying to sound corny!) time you had with your friends and the pages you shared are just gorgeous! I’m surprised it wasn’t more than 15 bags… hehehe

• Kathy p

What a great time for you all..and a great time to do it, after all the hustle and bustle of moving, Christmas, and CHA! Glad you are taking care of YOU! And i love your braids!

• Kathy p

• Sue Clarke

Was the overhead light that says “Art House” already there?
    What an incredible place with such a nice pool.
    You look great in the braids.
    I’ve done this a few times with friends who mostly scrapbook and it is a blast to be able to nap, stay up late, eat and play together with all the supplies (though we usually don’t have quite so many bags). LOL

LOl- sue- no – that would have been so cool. Birgit photoshopped it in there :)