Finally in week six I will show you how several of the learned techniques can be combined and used on a project whether it be a scrapbooking page or an altered art project.
During the fun workshop lessons you will also learn a lot about all kinds of materials, mixed media, layering and design principles. I will share with you why I’m doing things, how I got the idea and what works and what doesn’t seem to work. Mixed Media doesn’t have to be intimidating!
There is also a flickr gallery for sharing your work so that we all can see it and have a group to chat about the work and see it!
How this workshop works:
This class was set up that you would work through each lesson in a week. But of course if you are on a roll you can work through as many lessons a week as you want as they are now all online already.
You can work at your own pace and the workshop will be available here for you for years to come as long as they are online
What you need:
- 1 Beginner’s Set of PanPastels – because let’s face it, we want to try them and Sofft Tools- that are usually included in the Starter Sets
- Stencils or Masks
- Spray Fixative for example from Lascaux, Krylon Workable Fixative,
- Journal – either bought or self made- with smooth paper
All of the following is optional. You can first use what you already have or later go buy something if the technique or the medium was appealing for you! It is simply what I used to show differences. If you could have at least the items handy that I marked in bold , then that would get you pretty far in this workshop
- Acrylic Paints
- Inks like Distress Ink
- Washi or Masking Tape
- Plastic fork or other materials to create patterns
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Pastel Ground
- Modeling Paste
- Gel Medium
- Waterbased Spraypaints- for example Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and – Chalkboard
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze and Glimmer Glam
- Oil Pastels
- Utee – white and clear
- Scraps from Scrapbooking paper
- Canvas fabric
- Old book paper