Trace, Transfer, Transform – Online Workshop
Get ready to transform your art journal!
Join me as we explore different ways to trace and transfer images into your art journal pages. Tracing techniques provide many creative choices, and we’ll learn loose tracing techniques based on different image sources to give you a variety of options for your art journaling. The imperfect look of transferred photos can serve either as a building block of your layering process or as a stand alone focal point of a page. Not only are there many ways to actually trace or transfer images, there are also many ways to transform those images using paint, stamps and stencils in your art journal into something personal and unique.
What this Workshop Covers:
- Mixed Media techniques for creating colorful art journal backgrounds and focal points including tracing and transfer techniques
- Easy to follow video instruction covering the process and an insight into my thinking process while creating
- Lifetime access to video lessons on this website
- Downloadable video lessons to add to your library *Please read download info below*
- Classroom environment where you can share your work
This class is broken down into 4 lessons.
You may sign up at any time, work at your own pace, and have unlimited access to all the lessons. All lessons are downloadable.
Share Your Creation – Please use the hashtag #tttransform on social media to share the art journal spreads you created. I would love to see what you made!
There are some things that you will definitely need for this workshop and other supplies that will be helpful but are optional.
You will find both lists here as well as affiliate linked lists, please note that all brand recommendations are just reflecting what I love to use -you can use whatever brands you like:
- Art Journal or a couple sheets of paper
- Acrylic Paint – 8 colors + black and white – soft body or fluid paints work best here
- Gel Medium – glossy or matte- whatever you prefer. I use both
- Deli Paper or tissue paper
- Acetate Sheet – or a transparency
- Acrylic inks or Sumi Inks or India Inks
- Tracing paper or carbon paper
- A couple black and white images (high contrast) from a laser/Xerox printer (buildings, people, animals) on normal copy/printing paper
- Paintbrushes: Wide flat, medium round, small round, fan brush
- Credit Card or Room Key – optional
- Mister Bottle filled with water – optional
- Some Ink pads – black and if you have some other colors. I like Moonlight Duos and Archival Ink Pads
- Cosmetic Wedge Sponges – optional
- Masking tape or super sticky washi tape
- Fashion Magazine or fashion catalogue – optional
- Mechanical Pencil and a soft pencil
- Permanent Black Pen
- White Pen – optional
- Favorite Stamps and Stencils
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up for this workshop, you agree not to give your private log-in and any password information to anyone else. The enrollment fee is for one person only. After the payment confirmation is sent to you, cancellation is no longer possible. Tuition is not refundable.
All videos are under the copyright of Nathalie Kalbach and are for private use only and cannot be shared. You may not teach/re-teach the information in the videos or use it for any online or print publications.
Streaming: If you plan on using Streaming only, please sign up only if you are able to watch vimeo hosted videos. All videos are posted in this format. See vimeo.com to test your computer. Some older computers and software may have problems playing the videos. We are not responsible for troubleshooting playback difficulties of the videos. Note that this workshop is not optimized for viewing on mobile devices. Some devices may not be able to play videos or display all content. We recommend joining this workshop from a laptop or desktop computer. Please ensure your computer or device is compatible BEFORE joining.
Downloads: You will be able to download the videos so that you can watch them offline and keep them forever. Download terms and conditions will be posted when you download the first video and in order to do so, you will have to agree to those terms and conditions.
*Please read the following information regarding downloads: You can download our vimeo videos any time to a desktop computer or laptop. Downloading to certain mobile devices including Apple devices can be problematic in some cases depending on the age and model of the device (an unfortunate limitation to these devices). Please verify the capabilities of your device before purchasing this workshop/workshop collection. Unfortunately we cannot provide technical support for all the different models of devices out there. We recommend researching various support pages to learn about your device and its capabilities, for example the Apple Support page here https://support.apple.