Cat and Vicki are two of my oldest Scrapbooking Friends…in fact..it is all their fault, because when I started in 2004 they were my idols. And they still are. They were oftentimes crossing Mixed Media with Scrapbooking and use all kinds of techniques, which back then was what draw me right into this whole adventure.
What all three of us have in common (besides enjoying each others company and having a blast) is the love for vintage photos, whether it be family treasures or sometimes found ones.
Have you ever been to a flea market and then had this weird sensation of those faces from long ago times looking at you? Sometimes you find a little trace of the history on those photos, the name and city of the photographer, a scribbled note or year on the back of the photo…but that is it. There is no more ….Really…no more? They are forgotten as long as they have no name and no story…
We want to give those Whatevers a name- we want to make them part of our family and if you want…you can make them part of your family too. Here is my album/art journal cover
Here is how it works
- Vicki, Cat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story– it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
The first Whatever Post will be up tomorrow – make sure to check out our blogs