Are you ready to take the second floor this time? If you have no clue what I am talking about- read all about it here The Second Floor Challenge
So today is our 7th Second Floor Challenge: Use Five Supplies
Whatever that means to you or however it inspires you. The prompt is simply meant to get you started. The level of challenge you aim for is entirely internal and up to you.
You might have noticed that Julie and I didn’t post a Second Floor Challenge in July. We were simply out of breath with assignments and CHA stuff…and sometimes the challenge is to let go of a challenge 😉 So we decided to just leave July out- and I am sure that is fine 😉
So – Use Five Supplies…this was fun…it was for me a constant mixture between: “ha, piece of a cake” and “oh brother, really?” LOL
So starting with the task I picked these five supplies in the beginning:
Heidi Swapp – Vintage Chic Bookkeeping Paper
Crafter’s Workshop Templates Deco Doily Stencil
Liquitex Spray Paint
MyStik Permanent by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
So first I added some Washi Tape to the Paper.
I placed the stencil over the washi tape and started spraying using the Liquitex Spray Paint- love it- it is acrylic based and it is brand new on the German market. I will post more about it later and I also have some give-aways coming up 😉
When I lifted the stencils up- I realized that the page looked a bit unbalanced with just a big focus on the right bottom corner- so I decided to use up the additional paint on the stencil and flipped it over to make a small mark on the upper left corner of the page.
I also layered some more Washi Tape over the spray painted areas.
Then I decided I needed another supply, so I decided to mount the photo with the washi tape (which will probably not hold forever like the MyStik though) and exchange the MyStik for a brush.
I sprayed some of the Liquitex spray in a puddle and then used the brush to handwrite my title on the page. I would say that was my take to step up the second floor 🙂
Actually our sweet friend Julie Fei Fan Balzer is missing on that photo- cause she belongs in it too!!!
Here is a close up of the photo and text underneath
What I learned from this challenge:
- six is the new five. I actually used a photo too- one could argue that using that…or using photoshop to add the journaling is another supply. So there…six is the new five 😉
- I was done in 10 minutes, which felt weird…I do really enjoy the process of a layout- for me it is not the outcome and it feels if something is not done yet.
- I like the outcome though and I like the style- I might go more into this – it still feels like me but needs more diving into..with more supplies- LOL
- It was good to just use five supplies, it made me think more how you could utilize the products more- something I always like to do. For example not only using the spray paints as spray paints but also for writing the title.
- I have a huge to do list, limiting myself to five supplies made it easy for me to spent some time in the studio without feeling I leave my other stuff undone. Spending 10 minutes in the studio is doable- it doesn’t always have to be a huge task and hours to make you happy and get inky being creative 😉
If you’d like to leave a link showing off what you did in response to this challenge, here’s the linky list:
have a wonderful day
- Texture Grunge Flowers or…Where should I put all those Canvases? (nathaliesstudio.com)
- Second Floor Challenge #6: Pencil (nathaliesstudio.com)
- Second Floor Challenge #5: Found Object (nathaliesstudio.com)