Join Nathalie Kalbach in her home in Jersey City, NJ for an extra special workshop!
Saturday, October 13th, 2018, 10am – 5:30pm, with a 45min lunch break
Pizza for lunch will be provided.
Location details will be sent upon ordering. Please note that I have 2 cats if allergies are a concern.
Transfer, Trace, Transform – Art Journaling
Get ready to transform your art journal!
Join me for a fun day of exploring different ways to trace and transfer images into your art journal pages. The imperfect look of transferred photos can serve either as a building block of your layering process or as a stand alone focal point of a page. Tracing techniques provide just as many creative choices, and we’ll learn loose tracing techniques based on different image sources to give you a variety of options for your art journaling. Not only are there many ways to actually transfer or trace images, there are also many ways to transform those images in your art journal into something personal and unique.
All of my stamps, stencils, and other n*Studio products will be available for purchase at the workshop, as well as a selection of other mixed media art goodies.
Supplies for students to bring:
- Art Journal
- Acrylic paint: 8 colors + black and white
- Gel Medium
- White Gesso
- Rubber Brayer
- At least 10-15 black and white images (high contrast) from a laser/Xerox printer (buildings, people, animals) on normal copy/printing paper
- Paintbrushes: Wide flat, medium round, small round, fan brush
- Container for Water
- Paper Towel or Rag
- Baby Wipes
- Palette Paper or Paper Plate to use as a palette
- Credit Card or Room Key
- Cosmetic Wedge Sponges
- Masking tape or super sticky washi tape
- Fashion Magazine
- Mechanical Pencil
- Permanent Black Pen
- White Pen
- Optional: Heat Gun with extension cord/power strip, Apron, Craft Knife & Self-Healing Mat, a small file folder filled with collage paper like book paper, tissue paper, envelopes, magazine snippets, a fairly new newspaper section with some nice images (travel/weather cards)
I will provide:
My stamps with RubberMoon, my ArtFoamies foam stamps, and my StencilGirl stencils, acrylic ink, watercolor, aquarelle pencils, wax bars, markers, bamboo sketching pens and tons of other fun things