Enough Feathers Lost – Art Journal Page

Birdbath01

I got these amazing self carved feather stamps and stencils by the super talented Louise Nelson at CHA. Love her so much for this present and I am playing with them ever since like a happy little kid :)

Birdbath02

Enough Feathers Lost – Time to Take a Birds Bath . You always get your feathers ruffled in different stages of your life, right, but there is a point where you have to say ….and move on. chirp chirp ;)

Birdbath03

Playing with Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paints, Derwent Artbars . I also put a bird on it …now it is trendy- LOL

I am still in Love with feathers. I just asked on Twitter a couple of days ago though which of the trends in craft/home decor and fashion you are tired of seeing?

For me it would be Washi Tape, Chevron and Sandal-Roman-Ancle Boots (if you love any of the three- please please don’t take it personally- when you use it, decorate it or wear it – I am sure it is awesome – take the statement as a tongue in cheek comment ;) !)

Have a gorgeous day

• SusanJane

Washi tape? I am not ready to let go of that one, yet. I was tired of “collage” rubber stamps after the first few but I do dislike them now. I can’t imagine spending full price for a stamp that is so complex and unchangeable.

LOL- I just put my one collage rubber stamp out for a flea market- I just never got to enjoy them…

• Kathy Gledsdale

Really lovely!

• Nurse Ratchet

Love this ,Nat!! Wore those ankle boots, oh and Go Go boots too….bell bottoms twice in a lifetime..didn’t wear a bra for a bit….had Twiggy eye lashes.. Wow I am an old girl!!! ..just got a few Washi tapes….have nothing chevron except some paper in a pack!! Only injustice ruffles my feathers now!!

• Nurse Ratchet

Ditto…my sweet little German lady!!!!! :o)

• Susan

Haha, Oh I like your posts. Hihi. I’ve never liked the Sandal-Roman thingies. Probably because I don’t like my toes. But I’m still very much in love with my Washi Tapes. Althought I like to make them myself too.
    I love the featherstamp and the page you made with it. The little birdie is the cherrie on top :)

• Maaike

looks amazing Nathalie!!!

• Gunvor

Lovely pages!
    I dont like the Sandal-Roman-Ancle Boots now, and I didn’t like them in the 70s either (yes, I’m sooooo old!), chevrons have never been a favourite but I only just discovered how to use tha washi (thanks to CJS) so I’ll give it a chance

Washi tape is cool – I won’t deny it- it is just pretty crazy that it is like EVERYwhere now ;) I am guilty myself of having piles of roles ;)

• Laura S

Hate those sandles, but I have ugly ankles. Lol. Love the Chevron, though. You can play with so many colors to get so many different styles and it looks cool on a wall or furniture. Washi tape is over rated and overpriced. 2 out of 3 aint bad. :) Lov ya lots, Nat! And Love your feather art. Very cool.

LOL- it is not that I do not see the cool things you can do with Chevron…it is just Tooooo much- LOL

• Michelle Guest

Oh my! I didn’t know about artbars… Just watched a u-tube video about them. I think I need some to play with.

• Beatriz Helton

I don’t like the Sandal-Roman-Ancle Boots either, am glad to know I’m not the only one : )