Leaving on a Barbie Jet Plane…or Short trip to Santa Barbara

After CHA I went to Santa Barbara on the tiniest plane (will show picture later) aka Barbie Jet ever. My hubs had left Hamburg earlier in January to work there and I was going to visit him for 3 days :) He picked me up at the tiniest airport ever – when I sent a short message “landed” , he replied with “I know- I can see you” – and that was not a joke- LOL. When I came out of the plane I saw him at the gate.

CHA_35

I love California- I am a summer and sun girl…looking out of the window to this…makes me happy!

CHA_36

3 days filled with the beach

CHA_37

yummie meals with and without friends and family :)

CHA_38

awesome street art which was even more awesome up close

CHA_39

and funky stuff

CHA_40

and some shopping for head bands and earrings

CHA_41

and sightseeing in the old court house of Santa Barbara

CHA_42

indulging the jurassic park feeling aka- vegetation

CHA_43

and did I mention beach? …

CHA_44

and a road trip to the mountain town Ojai – loved it

CHA_45

Visiting the coolest bookshop I have ever been to: Bart’s Books- which is in and out-side at the same time

CHA_46

spending time with cousin Beth and hubs

CHA_47

oh…and did I mention the beach? ;)

CHA_48

And then it was time to leave Santa Barbara on my little Barbie jet again ;)

CHA_49

to start a torture journey- which I didn’t know of at the beginning. As there was ice and snow in Frankfurt and the trip ended in a 27 hour trip with cancelled flights and 5 1/2 hour train trips in the end…and ….luggage that took 3 days to get home

CHA_50

here is the iced window of the plane we were waiting for kick off for an hour before they cancelled that one too and we had to leave the plane again. But in the end…who cares…LOL- I am home, I had an amazing time and it is good to be home with kitty and hubs…well technically speaking I am right now when you read this again in Frankfurt to work at Paperworld Convention…this time with carry on luggage…might be better ;)

What was the smallest airport you have ever been to?

Have a gorgeous weekend

• Nancy Sapp

Gorgeous pix of the BEACH! Just a little jealous of you. Our Abraham Lincoln Airport in Springfield, IL is pretty small. Jets do fly out of & into it – also puddle jumpers. I’d MUCH rather fly than drive though.

• Sue Clarke

Love the art on that door. Great pics as well. The smallest airport that I have been to is the Beverly, MA airport but I did not get on a plane there. I did go on a “puddle jumper” (like the one you were on or smaller) once. Yikes.

• julie m

so glad you are home safe and sound. traveling in the winter can really be a bummer.
    our local airport is about the same size as the one in SB. but no jets, just turbo props. many years ago i flew into a small town in Utah. the plane was an old army plane and there was no airport at all. just got off the plane and walked to the parking lot.

• Suzanne Sears

Thats my town! Love all that you showed in the Pics. That fishlooks like Enterprise Fish Co. Went there in 1953 and left in 1990. Going back soon, getting older and need to be closer to the kiddos, all there. Daughters office in that beautiful Courthouse. Wish I could have been there and shown you some “stuff” No Crafting “boutique” there, just Michaels. I surely hope one appears before I arrive back there. Love the airport and it has been greatly enlarged in the not too distant past.

• Jean Marmo

I flew from the Canary Islands to Afroca back in 1971 and remember that teeny plane!

• Carolyn Dube

What a journey home! Smallest airport for me- Exuma- the terminal was about a double wide trailer and baggage claim was a guy handing you your luggage. At least the lines moved quickly since there weren’t many of us on that little plane!

• Tineke

Do you have an interresting life or what? Thank you so much for sharing. I love to see the wonderful pictures! The smallest airport….. Several years ago we lived in Papua New Guinea and visited a tribe there. There was only a tiny airstrip and also pigs crossing sooooo it was very interesting and very exciting!

• LaurieJay

Man oh man, it’s so gorgeous in SB. When I visited a friend there in 2005 I called my hubby and told him to send my stuff, that I wasn’t coming home anymore. Kidding. But only because I wasn’t ready to quit my job yet, heheh. I need to go back there – I have an open invitation from my friend.

• Corrine

I love the idea of a Barbie Jet, such great imagery and that door was beyond amazing. Living on the East coast we have icy water but still beautiful nonetheless, the beach is always an inspiration…Smallest airport Nantucket island and yes “puddle jumper” as Paula says. xox

• Rhonda H

For me the smallest airport was in Iceland, @ Akureyri. You hop on a 50 seater plane in Reykjavik and an hour later end up at this tiny airport in northern Iceland. I loved the informality of it!