Heel Porsche or…Put an Elephant on it

Let me introduce you to my newest little helper…my Heel Porsche :)
NatKalbach_Shoppingbag01

That is actually the nickname of those shopping bags literally translated from German. I love my new Heel Porsche. We don’t own a car and the next bigger supermarket is a couple blocks away- close enough to walk but for bigger shopping trips long enough to make my arms feel miserable carrying stuff. I did a lot of research on these rolling shopping bags and finally I fell in love with this Rolser Bag because it folds easily and you can carry it on your shoulder and it also unfolds like a charm. It comes in all kinds of patterns and colors but I chose it so that I could add my own little twist to it.

NatKalbach_Shoppingbag02

I used Liquitex Professional Markers and Liquitex Professional Spraypaints with my Arabesque and Elephant March Stencil on the flap and on the bottom. Here you see it folded together.

NatKalbach_Shoppingbag04

and from the other side- which is the bottom

NatKalbach_Shoppingbag03

It was such a fun and quick project and it also works like perfect – 6 big bottles of Water, a Gallon of Milk, 2 Gallons of Orange juice, and a lot of other stuff…and I had no problem rolling this thing back home on uneven pavement.

NatKalbach_Shoppingbag05

In Germany a Heel Porsche is really uncool- but hey…I think even in Germany that one would work – and actually …I guess with 40 I am kind of over that being uncool-problem anyway ;)

NatKalbach_Shoppingbag06

What image would you put on a Heel Porsche?

Have a wonderful day!

Huge hugs

nat

• tlynn@wideopenwest.com

Beautiful design Nat!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

• Gunvor

Awesome! I would put flowers on mine, using one of the many cool syecils around. Come to think of it, I do have a canvas back pack that needs altering … Thanks for the inspiration!

• Lisa Flaherty

Love the German translation! :)
    Love your stencils and the rich coloring of tone on tone you’ve done.
    And, “Put an Elephant on It” made me chuckle, and will surely catch on! As elephants often have birds on them, it seems about time for them to step up and reverse the trend!

• Madeline Rains

I’ve never heard of this! I happen to think it is very cool. : ) It is cool to live somewhere where you can walk to the store to get your food and then not hurt your back getting it home. Here in the country we have to drive everywhere. I’d put vegetables and flowers on mine, made with own stencils.

• Kathy P

Love this, Nat! I would definitely choose the elephant too, since it’s my fave animal! Wishing you many happy journeys to the supermarket! I ‘ll bet there are lots of women who would purchase your cute rolling bag for their shopping expeditions!

• Jean Marmo

Love how you personalized it!!

• Gerd Andersson

That’s a really beautiful Heel Porsche to be proud of!

• Sue Clarke

Pretty and functional! I would have to put some kind of dog on mine if I had one.

• Laura

This looks fabulous Nat!

• Sabine

Hey Nathalie,
    since 8 weeks I am also the proud owner of a heel porsche. I bought it with a black and white flower design from Reisenthel. That was the sturdiest model around here. It never occured to me that I could buy a simple thing and alter it myself. Great idea and it looks really cool your Hackenporsche.
    Wish you lots of fun shopping tours!
    Best wishes
    Sabine (left Hamburg 3 months ago and still miss the city)

1 2 3