Weckruf (Wake-Up Call) or…A FAST Forward Making off a Canvas

The image of this window with some landmarks of Hamburg kept coming up when I was sketching things in my art journal and on my iPad. So I figured it was time to finally just put it on a canvas.

Weckruf_NatKalbach_Blog01

Here is a FAST Forward Movie of the Making off (it is not a step by step tutorial- although most steps are extensively in there ;) ) – I hope you enjoy it. I have a List of all Supplies used below

I had lot’s of fun playing with the new Liquitex Professional Paint Markers – loved that there are so many ways to use them and the colors are just to die for .

nSupplies

and
24cmx30cm Canvas
Loads of old Book Paper

Weckruf_NatKalbach_Blog03

I have some other ideas for this image – color wise etc…so you might see this coming up again in a different look :)

Would you like to see more fast-foward videos in the future?

Have a wonderful day :)

If you want to learn different techniques for art journals and mixed media canvases using Acrylic Paints, Gesso or Acrylic Inks come and take my Über*Media Online Workshops.

• rains

So much fun! I love the music. And you are so talented. Thanks for sharing your process.

• elderscrapper

I loved watching this. It is great to see the way you show and name the products so that we have most of our questions answered before we even need to ask them. Thanks, Ami

• Kathy P

Oh, Nat, I can’t tell you how helpful this type of video is for me, as a newbie mixed media person! Seeing how you pull it all together really helps me to ‘get it’. And love your finger work! Can’t wait to try this out in my art journal!

• Heidi

Yes, Please more videos! Thank You!

• Ann Powell

Yes please do more of these videos! And are there faces in the windows? Love this whole thing! Thanks Nathalie!

• mjmarmo

So fun! I love seeing backgrounds! I love how you did yours. I am too ocd and need to lay the pieces very straight and even. I need to learn to let go!

• Sue Clarke

Must have paint markers!
    Wow, can you teach me how to make my hands work that fast Nat? LOL

• Gerd

Thank you for the morning entertainment! Your final canvas is fabulous and I love the music!

• Charlotte

Oh, imagine the fun you could have with those paint markers!! Never seen them before, but there’s another thing added to the looooooong list of arty desires. They look cool! Great canvas, too! Looks great. Can’t wait to see what you might do with it. x

• melanie reed

very cute video… I’ve seen these paint markers in my art supply store – they look interesting, but I don’t know what to do with them. I’d love to see more fast-forward videos!